WWE Free bets and Bookie Sign-Up Offers
WWE stands for World Wrestling Entertainmen though Elias will tell you it means 'Walk With Elias' and is run by Vince McMahon Jr. The company has a history going back to the 1950s when run by McMahons' father, Vince McMahon Snr. Over the years the company has had several names including the World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF) and the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). Problems with the World Wildlife Fund led to the company adopting its current title.
Liverpool are 4/7 at 10bet to beat Leicester City this evening.
#ad 18+ New Customers Only. Terms & Conditions Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.
Current WWE Champions
WWE Champion : Brock Lesnar (won from Bobby Lashley)
Raw Tag Team Champions: The Alpha Academy (won from Randy Orton and Riddle)
WWE US Champion : Damien Priest (won from Sheamus)
Raw Women's Champion : Becky Lynch (was Smackdown champion, swapped belts with Charlotte Flair at last draft).
Men's 2022 Royal Rumble Winner : Brock Lesnar
Money in the Bank holder Nikki A.S.H. who has already successfully cashed in her briefcase.
Universal Title: : Roman Reigns (won from the Fiend)
WWE Intercontinental Champion : Sami Zayn (won from Shinsuke Nakamura)
Smackdown Tag Team Champions : The Uso's (won titles from The Mysterios)
Smackdown Women's Champion : Charlotte Flair (swapped title with Becky Lynch)
Women's Tag Team Champions : Carmella and Queen Zelina (won from Rhea Ripley and Nikki A.S.H.)
Women's 2022 Royal Rumble Winner : Ronda Rousey
24/7 Title : Reggie (won from Dana Brooke)
Money in the Bank holder - Big E - cashed in briefcase to win WWE title from Lashley
King of the Ring: Xavier Woods (beat Finn Balor in the final)
Queen's Crown - Zelina Vega (beat Doudrop in the final)
UK Champion : Ilja Dragunov (won from Walter)
Women's Champion : Meiko Satomura (won fron Kay Lee Ray)
Tag Champions : Pretty Deadly (won from Gallus)
NXT:UK Heritage Cup: Naom Dar (won from Tyler Bate)
NXT Champion: Bronn Breakker (won from Tommaso Ciampa)
NXT Women's Champion: Mandy Rose (won from Raquel Gonzalez)
NXT Tag Team Champions: Imperum (won from MSK)
NXT North American Champion: Carmeloo Hayes (won in title v title match against Roderick Strong, unifying the belt with the cruiserweight title)
NXT Women's Tag Champions: Toxic Attraction (won from Iro Shai and Zoey Stark)
What WWE events can I bet on?
Most bookmakers offer odds on the PPV events held each month. Sometimes it's just the main matches on the card but for major events like WrestleMania odds can be offered on all matches. Other types of bets include:
- Results of individual matches held at the monthly PPV events
- Who Will win the Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy Battle Royal
- Most eliminations in Royal Rumble and Battle Royal matches
- How a match wlll end
- Who will be the champion at the end of the year
- Who the champions will be at the end of WrestleMania
- Who will be on the front cover of their next computer game.
Now WWE hold shows all over the world with Monday Night Raw being a live three hour show every Monday and now Smackdown is televised live every week of the year. With Smackdown going live there's been a brand split in the company.
Smackdown is currently shown live on Friday evenings after WWE signed a deal with Fox.
2018 saw WWE introduce NXT:UK which is based in the UK using mainly British wrestlers. It's shown weekly on the WWE Network. The network also offers access to exclusive programs and a massive library of past events.
British and Irish WWE Wrestlers
- Drew McIntyre - The first ever British wrestler to become WWE Champion. Drew hails from Scotland and is on his second run with WWE. He won the NXT title from Bobby Roode and the day after WrestleMania 34, held in 2018, he debuted on Raw teaming up with Dolph Ziggler and became Raw tag champions but dropped the belt to Rollins and Ambrose on October 22. McIntyre split from Dolph Ziggler on the December 3 edition of Raw. He lost to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 35 and was then transferred to Raw. He won the 2020 Royal Rumble and took the WWE Title from Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 36. He lost the title to Randy Orton at Hell in the Cell on October 26. He regained the title on November 16 and lost it to The Miz on February 21. McIntyre lost to Bobby Lashley in a title match at WrestleMania.
- Sheamus - The Celtic Warrior is easily one of the most decorated performers in the industry today. He has won the Royal Rumble, the King of the Ring and the Money in the Bank match, and only Hall of Famer Edge can match that feat. He is a four-time world champion and has recently had a tag team title run with Cesaro under the name 'The Bar' before losing the belts to Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins at Summerslam and lost the rematch at 'No Mercy'. Lost the belts at WrestleMania and moved to Smackdown. The Bar recently lost in the Smackdown number one contenders tournament and didn't take part in a match at Summerslam. They regained the titles on the October 16th edition of Smackdown beating The New Day after interference by The Big Show. They lost the titles to The Miz and Shane McMahon at the 2019 Royal Rumble. Sheamus missed most of 2019 due to injury but is now back on Raw and feuded with Drew McIntyre after turning on his friend. He won the US Title at WrestleMania beating Riddle. Sheamus lost the belt to Damian Priest at Summerslam.
- Finn Balor - The Demon was a huge deal before he ever made his way to a WWE ring. After making his name in Ireland and then Great Britain he had great sucess in Japan as a member of the Bullet Club - probably the biggest stable since the NWO back in the 1990s - he came to NXT and was one of the most successful champions in the developmental brand's short history. He then moved up to the main roster and was the first-ever WWE Universal champion at SummerSlam 2016, but he had to relinquish the title the next night after suffering a shoulder injury. After a win on Monday January 14, he clinched a shot at Brock Lesnar's Universal title at the Royal Rumble. He lost the match but won the Intercontinental title at the Elimination Chamber PPV. He lost the title in March but as The Demon King, regained the title at WrestleMania 35. He now wrestles in NXT and in September 2020 became the NXT Champion for the second time. He had to undergo surgery after breaking his jaw in a recent title defence against Kyle O'Reilly (and you say it's fixed?). He lost the title in April 2021 to Karrion Kross and is now back on Raw.
- Nikki Cross - Cross has made her debut on the Raw brand earlier this year after spending time in NXT as part of SAnitY. Currently allgined with Alexa Bliss and on August 5 they won the Women's tag team titles. They lost the titles to the Kabuki Warriors and Cross is now wrestling on the Smackdown brand. She has reformed her partnership with Bliss and regained the tag titles at WrestleMania. The titles were lost on the June 5 edition of Smackdown with Bayley and Sasha Banks defeating them. Cross failed in a Smackdown title shot at Bayley at the Extreme Rules PPV. She was moved to Raw in the recent WWE Draft. Now has a superhero gimmick and called Nikki A.S.H. After winning the Money in the Bank briefcase, she successfully cashed in on Charlotte Flair and is won the Raw Women's champion but lost it to Flair at Summerslam. A women's tag title reign followed, partnering with Rhea Ripley. After losing the belts, she turned on Ripley.
- Doudrop - Previously wrestled in the UK as Viper and then in NXT:UK as Piper Niven. Joined Raw last year and given her current name when working with Eve Marie. That didn't last long and she turned on her bullying boss. Doudrop was runner up in the inaugral Queen's Crown tournament. Now due to face Becky Lynch for the Raw Women's title at the Royal Rumble on January 30.
The company has been running shows at the world famous Madison Square Gardens for decades but has not always been running shows all over the States as they do now. At one time professional wrestling in the USA was run by the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) and comprised of a number of wrestling companies in each area of the states. These were known as territories and it was agreed that they wouldn't run shows in other companies areas.
When Vince McMahon Jr took over he changed all that and began running shows around the country. He took many of the top wrestlers from other companies driving them out of business. In the 1980s the company began holding PPV events such as WrestleMania, Summerslam and the Survivor Series, events that continue to this very day.
A whole host of celebrities have been part of WWE in the past. That even includes President Trump who at one time 'owned' Raw, staged WrestleMania at his hotel and was even part of a Hair v Hair match against Mr McMahon at WrestleMania.;
There have been rivals to McMahon's empire and at one time in the 1990s World Championship Wrestling (WCW) was getting more viewers as both had major shows on Monday evenings. WCW faded and were eventually purchased by WWE.
By:- Steve A
Posted on:- 31/10/2014 - 13:41 PM